The Manchester College are working with The AHC to provide their students with a chance to gain valuable experience in the hospitality industry. Students from the VTCT level 2 technical qualification in Artisan Bread and Patisserie and VTCT level 3 technical qualification in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery will be showcasing their skills by providing Cream Tea for the AHC delegates at 11:45 on Thursday 11th October.
As part of their courses, students cover the following elements:
- The catering & hospitality industry
- Food safety hygiene
- Planning & preparing for service
- Biscuits, cakes & sponges
- Artisan baking, bread & fermented dough
- Calculating costs
- Working with chocolate
- Petit fours
- Development of working relationships in hospitality
- Practical gastronomy
- Display pieces & decorative items
In addition, once again, a selection of Event Management foundation degree students from The Manchester College will be assisting in the delivery of the event.